WORKMEN will replace the road surface on Botley Road tonight after rush hour following repairs to a broken water main yesterday.
One lane was closed near Osney Bridge – where the road had to be dug up last month, causing traffic delays – because of the leak.
Thames Water had to carry out emergency works yesterday, affecting motorists travelling along Botley Road.
There were reports that at times drivers were slowed to 3mph on the route.
Thames Water spokeswoman Becky Trotman said: “We know it’s frustrating for drivers to see work happening in an area that’s recently been resurfaced but unfortunately we can’t always predict where or when a pipe is going to burst, despite our best monitoring efforts.”
She added that a new permanent road surface was planned to be laid tonight once the rush hour was over.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit