WORKMEN will replace the road surface on Botley Road tonight after rush hour following repairs to a broken water main yesterday.
One lane was closed near Osney Bridge – where the road had to be dug up last month, causing traffic delays – because of the leak.
Thames Water had to carry out emergency works yesterday, affecting motorists travelling along Botley Road.
There were reports that at times drivers were slowed to 3mph on the route.
Thames Water spokeswoman Becky Trotman said: “We know it’s frustrating for drivers to see work happening in an area that’s recently been resurfaced but unfortunately we can’t always predict where or when a pipe is going to burst, despite our best monitoring efforts.”
She added that a new permanent road surface was planned to be laid tonight once the rush hour was over.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year