E-FIT pictures of two men have been released after a distraction burglary at an old person’s house in Oxford on Monday.
Thames Valley Police said one of them knocked on the elderly man’s door, in Main Street, Forest Hill, between 8.45pm and 9pm and asked to see his back garden. The second man then entered the house.
A gold-coloured pocket watch from Smiths of Witney, a pair of gold and pearl earrings, a gold necklace and a 1914 gold sovereign coin were later found to be missing from upstairs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year