E-FIT pictures of two men have been released after a distraction burglary at an old person’s house in Oxford on Monday.
Thames Valley Police said one of them knocked on the elderly man’s door, in Main Street, Forest Hill, between 8.45pm and 9pm and asked to see his back garden. The second man then entered the house.
A gold-coloured pocket watch from Smiths of Witney, a pair of gold and pearl earrings, a gold necklace and a 1914 gold sovereign coin were later found to be missing from upstairs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today