E-FIT pictures of two men have been released after a distraction burglary at an old person’s house in Oxford on Monday.
Thames Valley Police said one of them knocked on the elderly man’s door, in Main Street, Forest Hill, between 8.45pm and 9pm and asked to see his back garden. The second man then entered the house.
A gold-coloured pocket watch from Smiths of Witney, a pair of gold and pearl earrings, a gold necklace and a 1914 gold sovereign coin were later found to be missing from upstairs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit