ABOUT 15 young men set upon a 39-year-old man in Wood Farm, Oxford, and kicked and punched him.
The man was left cut and bruised after the attack at 9.30pm on Monday in Blackstock Close, but police only released the information yesterday. The victim was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital and has since been discharged.
Three teenage boys from Oxford, aged 16, 17, 18, were arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm.
They have been released on bail until Sunday, September 21.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street