A teenager celebrated a double success after following up her A-Level results by passing her driving test.
St Gregory the Great School pupil Katie Marsh, 18, got an A* in philosophy and ethics, a B in sociology and a distinction star for her media studies BTEC.
It meant she got her first place choice at Bath University, studying childhood, youth and education studies.
She then passed her driving test first time in the afternoon.
Miss Marsh, one of 13 children who lives in Knights Road, Blackbird Leys, said: “I was shocked about the A* and in one of the papers I got 100 per cent.
“I questioned whether I would get the grades a few weeks ago so it’s exciting.
“I passed my driving test too – double success.”
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon