TRAFFIC was delayed after two accidents on the M40 southbound today.
A silver Vauxhall Corsa and a Renault Clio were both involved in separate crashes between junction 9 at Bicester and junction 8A at Oxford.
Thames Valley Police were called to the incidents at 3.15pm, but no injuries were reported.
A police spokeswoman said officers were unsure of the cause of both incidents, but it seemed as if drivers lost control of their cars due to the bad weather.
The accidents were cleared by about 3.45pm.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes