AN EQUESTRIAN centre for eventers should be given permission at Freelands Farm, Westwell, near Burford, a council planning officer has said.
West Oxfordshire District Council’s Kim Smith has recommended councillors approve the plan.
It would feature stables, an indoor and outdoor manege and all weather gallop for two eventers and employ two to three people.
The council’s lowlands area planning sub-committee will be asked to make a decision on the application when it meets at the council’s offices in Woodgreen, Witney, on Monday from 2pm. The public can attend.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community