Accused’s only regret was ‘not watching victim die’

Bradley Jones

Bradley Jones

First published in News Oxford Mail: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter. Call me on (01865) 425373

THE only thing Will Blencowe regrets is not watching Connor Tremble bleed to death, one of his friends allegedly said.

The claim was made in Oxford Crown Court yesterday by a mutual friend of Blencowe, 21, and the teenager he fatally stabbed on February 13.

Friend Zak Perry, 21, said after the incident he was in contact with Bradley Jones, who denies perverting the course of justice by helping Blencowe avoid arrest.

Answering questions from prosecutor Richard Barton, Mr Perry alleged Jones told him: “The only thing (Blencowe) regrets is not watching (Connor) bleed to death.”

He also claimed Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, said he was shown the knife used in the stabbing, which still had blood on it.

Mr Perry also gave evidence about phone calls he received from Blencowe, who denies murder, on the day the 17-year-old was stabbed.

He said he got a call at about 6pm from his “desperate’’ sounding friend, who wanted to know if his ex-girlfriend Aimee Harrison was sleeping with Connor.

Mr Perry said he told him it wasn’t true, but eventually said “go make a fool of yourself’’ and gave directions to Connor’s address in Fairacres Road, Oxford.

The witness added that Blencowe, of Oxford Road, Banbury, sounded “happy’’ when he called him back shortly after Connor was stabbed. He told the jury: “He (Blencowe) said ‘it’s done, it’s all sorted, my life needs nothing’.

“I just assumed that he had got the answer he wanted, that it wasn’t true, that it was all lies.’’ But he said he was “distraught’’ when he discovered what had really happened.

Mr Perry added: “I had given the person who had just gone to my best mate’s house and stabbed him at the address.’’ Evidence was also given by Ben Harris, who said he slept with Miss Harrison in October last year, after her relationship with Blencowe ended.

He described how her ex-boyfriend Blencowe assaulted him on two occasions inside the Bitter and Twisted pub in Chipping Norton, where Mr Harris worked as a chef.

Mr Harris said despite this, and a number of abusive and threatening text messages from Blencowe, he did not make a statement to police.

Asked why he said: “I just didn’t want it to go on and I knew if I pressed charges it would probably just make him more angry and worse.’’ But he said he did speak to Connor about what had happened when he learned the teenager had started seeing Miss Harrison.

He said: “I told Connor the situation, what had happened to me and I told him just to watch out.’’ Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, is also on trial and also denies perverting the course of justice.

The trial continues.

Our top stories

Video: Ex-headteacher found dead in Thames days before court appearance for molesting boys

Oxford Mail:

2:44pm Friday 27th March 2015

A FORMER headteacher due to be sentenced for molesting young boys was the man found dead in the Thames on Tuesday, it has emerged today.

Slavery: Police fear more victims as 10 arrested remain in custody + video

Oxford Mail:

8:59am Friday 27th March 2015

POLICE feared there could be more victims after 10 people were last night in custody after a series of anti-slavery raids.

Three boys arrested over series of sexual assaults on women in Oxford

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

2:52pm Friday 27th March 2015

THREE boys have been arrested on suspicion of a series of sexual assaults in Oxford.

Two men arrested over vehicle interference in Wallingford

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

1:53pm Friday 27th March 2015

TWO men from Oxford are in custody after being arrested on suspicion of vehicle interference.

UPDATED: Woman charged in connection with slavery raids appears in court

Oxford Mail:

10:37am Friday 27th March 2015

A WOMAN has been charged with slavery offences after 10 people were arrested yesterday in a series of dawn raids.

Missing girl Jennifer Moore found safe and well

Oxford Mail:

9:10am Friday 27th March 2015

A BICESTER teenager reported missing has been found safe and well, police said this morning.

 

 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree