A MAN who says he was attacked twice by murder accused Will Blencowe warned 17-year-old Connor Tremble about him, a jury was told this morning.
Today in Oxford Crown Court evidence was given by Ben Harris, who said he slept with the 21-year-old defendant's ex-girlfriend Aimee Harrison in October last year after their relationship had ended.
He explained how Blencowe punched and kneed him on two occasions inside the Bitter and Twisted pub in Chipping Norton where he worked as a chef.
Mr Harris said despite this, and a number of abusive and threatening text messages from Blencowe, he did not make a statement to police about the alleged assaults.
Asked why he said: "I just didn't want it to go on and I knew if I pressed charges it would probably just make him more angry and worse."
But he said he did speak to Connor about what had happened when he learned the teenager was seeing Miss Harrison.
He said: "I told Connor the situation, what had happened to me and I told him just to watch out."
A friend of the 17-year-old, who was fatally stabbed in his flat in Fairacres Road, Oxford, on February 13, also gave evidence this morning.
Kalum Brain, 19, said: "Connor got more worked up over time, and it went from being worried about being beaten up to thinking he was going to be killed."
Blencowe, of Oxford Road, denies murder.
Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, are also on trial and both deny perverting the course of justice.
The trial continues.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or a combination of all three depending on which services you want, plus your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street