An inquest has opened into the death of a Thame man who was killed on the M40.
Ivan Elford, 40, of Pearce Way, Thame, who was a civil engineer, died on the motorway between junctions 8a at Thame and 9 at Bicester on August 4.
At Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court yesterday Coroner Darren Salter, reading from a police report, said: “On the M40 he stepped in front of an approaching lorry.”
The initial cause of death is thought to be multiple injuries.
The inquest has been adjourned until January 22, 2015.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today