A flat fire was caused after a pan was left unattended on a hob.
Firefighters were called to the first floor of a flat in Gateley, on Monday at 12.37am after neighbours were alerted by smoke alarms.
The occupant was woken up as three fire engines attended the scene, with two firefighters putting the fire out.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
8:30am Thursday 2nd July 2015
AMBITIOUS proposals for £1.6bn of transport and development schemes in Oxfordshire have been unveiled by a partnership of businesses, universities and councils.
7:49pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
ABOUT 40 Oxford residents attended a rally outside the Bodleian Library in solidarity with the people of Greece today.
5:48pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
DRIVERS are facing delays as an accident has blocked one lane of the A34 Western By Pass Road southbound.
5:29pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
A TEENAGE girl was confronted by a group of men and sexually assaulted in Wheatley in the early hours of this morning, [2/7] police said.
4:04pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
The bodies of nine victims of the Tunisian beach massacre have been returned to the UK, as the final British death toll was confirmed at 30.
10:59am Thursday 2nd July 2015
A MAN from Abingdon who went missing has been found.