Kitchen fire is put out

Kitchen fire is put out

Kitchen fire is put out

First published in News

A flat fire was caused after a pan was left unattended on a hob.

Firefighters were called to the first floor of a flat in Gateley, on Monday at 12.37am after neighbours were alerted by smoke alarms.

The occupant was woken up as three fire engines attended the scene, with two firefighters putting the fire out.

Our top stories

The £1.6bn investment that ‘would keep us at the global cutting edge’

Oxford Mail:

8:30am Thursday 2nd July 2015

AMBITIOUS proposals for £1.6bn of transport and development schemes in Oxfordshire have been unveiled by a partnership of businesses, universities and councils.

Rally held outside Bodleian Library to support Greek people and oppose austerity

Oxford Mail: Greek Solidarity Rally

7:49pm Thursday 2nd July 2015

ABOUT 40 Oxford residents attended a rally outside the Bodleian Library in solidarity with the people of Greece today.

Queues on A34 southbound after crash near Peartree Interchange

Oxford Mail: A34 traffic alert

5:48pm Thursday 2nd July 2015

DRIVERS are facing delays as an accident has blocked one lane of the A34 Western By Pass Road southbound.

Group of men sexually assaults teenage girl in Wheatley

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

5:29pm Thursday 2nd July 2015

A TEENAGE girl was confronted by a group of men and sexually assaulted in Wheatley in the early hours of this morning, [2/7] police said.

More Tunisia beach massacre victims repatriated at RAF Brize Norton

Oxford Mail:

4:04pm Thursday 2nd July 2015

The bodies of nine victims of the Tunisian beach massacre have been returned to the UK, as the final British death toll was confirmed at 30.

UPDATE: Missing Stephen Gray from Abingdon found

Oxford Mail:

10:59am Thursday 2nd July 2015

A MAN from Abingdon who went missing has been found.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree