AN investigation has been launched after a 14-month-old girl is believed to have drowned in a bath.
Thames Valley Police said the child was in the care of her mother when she died in Grove on Thursday.
Police were called by staff at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford at 4pm.
Police spokeswoman Francine Rodrigues said no arrests had been made in connection with the death.
She said: “Thames Valley Police is currently investigating the circumstances around the death of a child that occurred on Thursday in Grove, Wantage.
“The death was reported to police by staff of the John Radcliffe Hospital at 4pm. The 14-month-old girl was in the care of her mother at the time of her death. It was reported that she drowned in the bath.”
Oxfordshire County Council spokesman Paul Smith said last night the child was involved with social services but the toddler was not in council care.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay