Buses between Oxford and Abingdon are being diverted because of jams resulting from the roadworks affecting the Kennington and Hinksey Hill roundabouts and the Oxford bypass.
Oxford Bus Company is diverting its X3 and X13 bus services via Bagley Wood Road through Kennington as and when there is congestion.
Spokesman Phil Ashworth said: “As soon as traffic starts to build up we are diverting, but we don’t want to unless we absolutely have to.”
Stagecoach Oxford is also diverting its 31 bus along the same route.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street