Buses between Oxford and Abingdon are being diverted because of jams resulting from the roadworks affecting the Kennington and Hinksey Hill roundabouts and the Oxford bypass.
Oxford Bus Company is diverting its X3 and X13 bus services via Bagley Wood Road through Kennington as and when there is congestion.
Spokesman Phil Ashworth said: “As soon as traffic starts to build up we are diverting, but we don’t want to unless we absolutely have to.”
Stagecoach Oxford is also diverting its 31 bus along the same route.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK