O2 customers in North Oxford have been without signal for up to six days because of a broken mast.
Some users in the Summertown area say they have experienced a poor phone signal since last Wednesday.
North Oxford resident Jane MacTaggart said: “It’s now been the best part of a week and for a mobile phone company that’s not good enough.
“The fact they will not tell me when I can expect to have signal again is pretty bad practice.”
An O2 spokesman said: “We are working as quick as we can to restore full service to this mast. Our third party engineers have ordered a replacement part and we will fix the problem as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience.”
Vodafone users in Witney have reported similar problems this weekend.
The company confirmed short-term signal issues in the centre of Witney due to heavy rain were resolved and service was up and running as normal.
Burford residents have been less fortunate, however, with some experiencing signalling problems for the past seven weeks.
Nathan Crockford tweeted to say that those in the OX18 postcode lost signal seven weeks ago.
Vodafone failed to comment in time in response to residents’ claims the signal quality in the area was still poor.
Have you been affected? Get in touch with our newsdesk on 01865 425405.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay