A CREAM tea and sweet treats are on the menu this week in celebration of the much-loved British tradition of afternoon tea.
National Afternoon Tea Week began yesterday and is set to celebrate the country’s love of tea until Sunday.
As part of the week-long celebrations, Eynsham Hall Hotel, in North Leigh, is inviting visitors to enjoy an afternoon tea within their beautiful grounds.
Reservations assistant Georgia Michael regularly indulges in an afternoon cream tea.
She said: “I think National Afternoon Tea Week is a pretty good idea. It’s a time when everyone can come together and celebrate.”
The 21-year-old added: “I think it’s always a good idea where events bring locals together so they can meet each other. It’s just something everyone associates with being British.”
Eynsham Hall Hotel is hoping guests will join them within their 3,000 acres for an afternoon of tea and scones.
For more information, visit eynshamhall.com
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon