MORE than £1m could be given to support Oxfordshire’s rural economy if a bid is successful.
The county’s Local Action Group, made up of private and public sector representatives, will bid for at least £1.2 million from Defra and the European Union.
The group also wants opinions on its draft rural development funding strategy which says how the money would benefit the county.
To view the strategy and have your say on how the money could be used visit southernoxfordshireleader.org.uk The consultation will end on August 22 before the strategy is submitted early next month.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech