A JURY was today told 17-year-old Connor Tremble was fatally stabbed by his girlfriend’s jealous ex-partner.
Will Blencowe today went on trial accused of the teenager’s murder at a flat in Fairacres Road, Iffley Fields, on February 13 this year.
Prosecutor Richard Barton, opening the prosecution's case, said the 21-year-old killed Connor in a “vicious” attack after finding out he was seeing his former girlfriend Aimee Harrison.
He said: “This case concerns how a troubled young man had wholly unwarranted feelings of jealousy and resentment towards his former girlfriend's new partner.
“And these feelings led him, after some planning on his part, to track down and stab to death that young man.
“And after he fatally wounded the young man he fled the scene in what was in effect an attempt to avoid detection.
“During that evening he met up with two close friends who knowingly assisted him to avoid detection and prosecution for that viscous attack which killed that young man.”
Blencowe, of Oxford Road, Banbury, denies murder.
Also on trial are Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, who have denied aiding him.
They are charged with a series of acts tending or intended to pervert the course of public justice between February 12 and 15.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit