A MAN had to be cut from his car after a crash into the central reservation on the A34 Southbound near Kidlington this morning.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to release him after the collision, which did not involve any other vehicles, between the Peartree Interchange and the Bletchingdon junction at 5.55am.
Drivers were hit by delays stretching back to the M40 at junction nine, by the Bicester A41 junction.
And there are delays on the A41 between Oxford Road and the M40 junction.
One of the two lanes was closed but has now been reopened.
Two fire engines, an ambulance and police attended. The man has been taken to Oxford's Jorn Radcliffe Hospital. His condition is not yet know.
- Automatic updates on our live traffic service
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes