A NEW £9.23m swimming centre is taking shape in Blackbird Leys.
Work on the new pools started in July last year and is still on target to finish in December.
Yesterday the Oxford Mail was allowed to take pictures inside the Pegasus Road building for the first time since work began.
Pascal Roger, a site manager for construction firm Willmott Dixon, said: “The main pool is 80 per cent tiled now. It is just the floor to finish. We are due for completion in December and we are on target for that.”
It will have an eight-lane, 25-metre pool, a teaching pool, soft play area and new changing facilities.
Steve Lee, spokesman for Fusion Lifestyle, which will manage the pools, said: “It will be a fantastic flagship facility for Oxford.”
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit