IT may look like something from a sci-fi movie, but in fact 10-year-old Josie Munoz is in one of the giant play balls at Bicester’s annual play day.
Children took part in a teddy bears’ picnic and clambered to the top of a climbing wall in Garth Park on Thursday.
There were also face-painting sessions, stalls and a ice-creams for people to enjoy.
Josie, from Banbury, said: “It was brilliant. I did lots of forward rolls in the bumper balls and I climbed the wall, but I only got halfway to the top.”
Her mum Donna, said: “The day was packed. There were so many kids there, they loved it.”
It was the fifth annual play day that the town has held.
Bicester town councillor Jim Tucker said: “It was fantastic. Everyone was having a great time.”
Parents and children were also asked to fill in a survey asking questions about what they would like to see in the park.
The town council is planning to apply for government funding to upgrade the facilities.
Mr Tucker said: “Everyone said they would love to see fresh, new toilets and a coffee shop or kiosk.”
- To take the survey visit bicester.gov.uk
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech