MAGIC was in the air when some very special guests visited Dance Connection Oxford.
Top West End choreographers and dancers dropped into the school at Oxford Stadium from Monday to Wednesday this week for its annual summer school.
Among them was former student Ainsley Ricketts, 19, now studying dance at London’s Urdang Academy.
He showed the class how to float on air with a box jump, as part of a technical jazz routine.
After the class, the former Cowley resident said: “I find it really rewarding to come back to the place I trained and mentor the next generation.”
Some 40 teenagers and children attended each of the three days to gain some expert tuition.
School director Sam Clifton, 43, from Woodcote near Wallingford, said: “I was amazing, the place was buzzing.”
The school this year celebrated its 20th anniversary and offers classes for teenagers year-round.
- A video of the best bits from the summer school will be uploaded to youtube.com/user/danceconnection1
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today