A council has been accused of being “difficult” by one of its members for withholding the deposit from the Witney Carnival committee.
The £600 deposit given to Witney Town Council for using The Leys Recreation Ground on Saturday, July 12 has not been refunded after vandals damaged grass.
Councillor Toby Morris said: “They are putting on an event for the people of Witney and we should be supportive rather than make matters more difficult.”
Damage is so far calculated at £300 but the council is waiting for a second bill before deciding how much deposit will be refunded.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech