A KIDLINGTON care home has been warned it must improve the way it deals with medicines or face further sanctions from a health watchdog.
A Care Quality Commission (CQC) report of the May inspection at Heathfield House nursing home – which provides care for up to 48 patients over the age of 60 who are impaired by age or disease – published on July 29, found patients were not always protected against the risks associated with medicines.
The inspection checked the arrangements for storing, handling, administering and recording of medicines and inspectors looked in detail at the medicine records for nine patients.
The report found two patients were given medicines prescribed to them which were not documented on their medication administration records and one only had their nickname recorded meaning they were at risk of not receiving their prescribed medicine.
The report also said medicines were not always safely administered and medicine records were not always accurately completed.
The CQC served a warning notice to the care home which required the issue to be resolved by July 31.
Director of the home, off Islip Road, Raj Gupta said: “Action plans are in place and have been implemented to adjust to concerns.”
- Read the full report: Heathfield House CQC report.pdf
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today