Just in case you missed memo about zombies...

The Insider

The Insider

First published in News

THE Insider was interested to see Thames Valley Police put out an alert to the people of Banbury earlier this week.

In it, our boys in blue warned the public that the filming of a zombie movie would be taking place around the town.

The force warned that scenes from this film might be “quite realistic” and reassured the people of Banbury that the scenes were artificial.

Well that’s good to know they’re not real, just in case people thought that the living dead hauling themselves about the place is an everyday occurrence.

MEANWHILE a lot of people will be wondering what council leader Ian Hudspeth, pictured, has been getting up to this week – well just The Insider then. 

Oxford Mail: Ian Hudspeth

The Conservative has signed up to open a new playground in Woodstock by launching himself along the zipwire. 

For some people this may bring back memories of London Mayor Boris Johnson hanging from a zipwire in a painful-looking harness during the 2012 Olympics. 

What will the reaction be at Conservative HQ to pictures of another Tory dangling mid-air?

Let’s hope Mr H won’t get stuck and need rescuing by a ladder. 

THIS week brought news that Labour county councillor Mark Cherry, below, has been reinstated to his party following the row about a tweet. 

Mr Cherry, who represents Banbury Calthorpe on Oxfordshire County Council, said his Twitter account had been hacked and several comments linking Tory housing policy to the Holocaust were posted.

Oxford Mail:

This led to him being suspended while the Labour Party investigated the issue.

But during his suspension some of his fellow Banbury councillors of a Conservative persuasion – notably Kieron Mallon, below, – took delight at bringing the issue up as frequently as possible during meetings.

Oxford Mail:
Looks like they’ll have to find something else to talk about now.

AND finally it has been brought to The Insider’s attention that he has a new adversary. 

It comes with the departure of Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean to a post at a different council.

But this week The Insider was told that her replacement will be one Chofamba Sithole.

In the spirit of sportsmanship The Insider welcomes Mr Sithole and looks forward to sparring with him. En garde!


 

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

Send your Letter to the Editor

11:20am Monday 28th July 2014

What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.

Our top stories

Escaped prisoner arrested in Oxford

Oxford Mail:

2:25pm Wednesday 17th September 2014

An escaped prisoner was arrested in Oxford this morning along with a man and a woman.

New: Get Oxford Mail news alerts sent direct to your phone via Whatsapp

Oxford Mail: Whats App logo

11:50am Tuesday 3rd June 2014

OXFORD Mail readers can now sign up to get major breaking news alerts sent direct to their mobile phones with a new service using Whatsapp.

Set for a battle of Blenheim over 1,500 homes plan

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Tuesday 9th September 2014

RESIDENTS in Woodstock have vowed to “fight until the bitter end” against plans to build up to 1,500 homes east of the town.

Delays of up to 40 minutes on bus services across the county

Oxford Mail: Traffic Alert general

9:00am Tuesday 9th September 2014

STAGECOACH Oxfordshire has warned that passengers face delays of up to 40 minutes this morning.

Harassment cop sacked for gross misconduct

Oxford Mail: Thames Valley Police logo

8:30am Tuesday 9th September 2014

A DETECTIVE has been sacked after harassing a member of police staff, the force said yesterday.

Fears as boat owners’ group claims new area of riverbank

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Tuesday 9th September 2014

RESIDENTS say they are worried about another attempt by boat owners to grab land alongside waterways in the city.

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree