Just in case you missed memo about zombies...

The Insider

The Insider

First published in News

THE Insider was interested to see Thames Valley Police put out an alert to the people of Banbury earlier this week.

In it, our boys in blue warned the public that the filming of a zombie movie would be taking place around the town.

The force warned that scenes from this film might be “quite realistic” and reassured the people of Banbury that the scenes were artificial.

Well that’s good to know they’re not real, just in case people thought that the living dead hauling themselves about the place is an everyday occurrence.

MEANWHILE a lot of people will be wondering what council leader Ian Hudspeth, pictured, has been getting up to this week – well just The Insider then. 

Oxford Mail: Ian Hudspeth

The Conservative has signed up to open a new playground in Woodstock by launching himself along the zipwire. 

For some people this may bring back memories of London Mayor Boris Johnson hanging from a zipwire in a painful-looking harness during the 2012 Olympics. 

What will the reaction be at Conservative HQ to pictures of another Tory dangling mid-air?

Let’s hope Mr H won’t get stuck and need rescuing by a ladder. 

THIS week brought news that Labour county councillor Mark Cherry, below, has been reinstated to his party following the row about a tweet. 

Mr Cherry, who represents Banbury Calthorpe on Oxfordshire County Council, said his Twitter account had been hacked and several comments linking Tory housing policy to the Holocaust were posted.

Oxford Mail:

This led to him being suspended while the Labour Party investigated the issue.

But during his suspension some of his fellow Banbury councillors of a Conservative persuasion – notably Kieron Mallon, below, – took delight at bringing the issue up as frequently as possible during meetings.

Oxford Mail:
Looks like they’ll have to find something else to talk about now.

AND finally it has been brought to The Insider’s attention that he has a new adversary. 

It comes with the departure of Oxford City Council spokeswoman Louisa Dean to a post at a different council.

But this week The Insider was told that her replacement will be one Chofamba Sithole.

In the spirit of sportsmanship The Insider welcomes Mr Sithole and looks forward to sparring with him. En garde!


 

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here

11:20am Monday 28th July 2014

What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.

Our top stories

Residents asked for just a Little-more for parish

Oxford Mail:

5:00pm Monday 30th March 2015

AN EXTRA 59p a week council tax in Littlemore could pay for a dedicated community worker, it has been claimed.

Banbury charity prepares puppies to help disabled

Oxford Mail:

5:00pm Monday 30th March 2015

THESE adorable pups couldn’t have more fun as they bonded with each other as they embark on their journey to help those in need.

‘Plans to scrap subsidies could spark city leisure centre price hike’

Oxford Mail:

5:00pm Monday 30th March 2015

LEISURE centre prices could go up in the city if plans to scrap subsidies go ahead, a council watchdog committee fears.

Weather alert: High winds feared for this evening and Tuesday

Oxford Mail: Snow set for Gloucestershire as Met Office issues severe weather warning

4:04pm Monday 30th March 2015

OXFORDSHIRE has been put under a yellow weather warning for high winds this evening and tomorrow.

Scales of justice - 19 people who have been before magistrates in Oxfordshire

Oxford Mail: Scales of Justice

11:00am Monday 30th March 2015

A round-up of cases recently before magistrates in Oxfordshire

Pair are charged after anti-slavery raids

Oxford Mail: Scales of Justice

8:30am Monday 30th March 2015

A 44-YEAR-OLD man has been remanded in custody charged with 19 offences against 10 people following Thursday’s anti-slavery raids.

 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree