- Dominic Brown, 40, of Speedwell Street, Oxford, admitted handling a stolen nine-carat gold pendant and a nine-carat gold necklace worth £206 between March 11 and March 17 in Oxford. Given a four-week prison sentence suspended for six months because of his poor record and told to pay £143 compensation.
- John Spurway, 49, of Elizabeth Drive, Wantage, admitted driving without due care and attention in Wantage Road, Lockinge, Wantage, on April 17. Fined £175 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Given six points on driving licence.
- Ellena Ilyasova, 33, of Rowan Grove, Oxford, admitted drink driving in Oxford Road, Cowley, on April 13. Had 88mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood, above the legal limit of 80mg. Given a 12-month driving ban and told to pay a £150 fine, a £20 victims’ surcharge and £300 costs.
- Darren Scales, 45, of Territorial Way, Headington, Oxford, admitted stealing a mobile phone on July 9. Community order made with 100-hour unpaid work requirement. Told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Devon Arnold, 19, of Saunders Road, Oxford, admitted entering as a trespasser with intent to steal in Westfield Road, Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire; stealing a sat nav in Gladstone Road, Oxford, between May 30 and May 31; interfering with a motor vehicle with intent to steal in Oxford between May 30 and May 31; stealing two sets of keys and a multitool in Edgeway Road, Oxford, on June 4; stole two sets of headphones in cases and one pair of sunglasses in Edgeway Road, Oxford, between June 3 and June 4; two counts of interfering with a motor vehicle with intent to steal in Ferry Road, Oxford, between June 3 and June 4; and three counts of interfering with a motor vehicle with intent to steal in Edgeway Road, Marston, Oxford, between June 3 and June 4. Community order made with three-month curfew requirement and told to pay £100 compensation, a £60 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Claire Smith, 46, of Dunsomer Hill, South Moreton, admitted failing to notify South Oxfordshire District Council of a change of circumstances that would affect her entitlement to housing benefit in Didcot on April 30, 2012, and on January 16, 2013. Fined a total of £240 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £465 costs.
- Matthew Head, 34, of Sefton Road, Headington, convicted of criminal damage to a prisoner cage rear door of a police vehicle enroute to Abingdon police station on January 19. Community order made with a 10-week curfew order. Told to pay a £60 victims’ surcharge and £350 costs.
- Oliver Robinson, 41, of Mattock Close, Headington, admitted possession of Class B drug cannabis in Mattock Close, Oxford, on April 27. Also admitted using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of unlawful violence in Headington on April 27. Given a 12-month conditional discharge. Also ordered to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and pay £85 costs.
- Irene Turner, 51, of Reading Road, Wallingford, admitted drink-driving in a Vauxhall Vectra on the A4130 Wallingford Bypass on July 6. Had 117 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £1,550 and told to pay a £155 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 27 months.
- Daniel Hambridge, 21, of Windmill Road, North Leigh, West Oxfordshire, admitted possessing cannabis, a Class B drug, in Buttercross, Market Square, Witney, on June 28. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Martin Parsons, 41, of Bridge Street, Banbury, admitted assaulting a woman by beating her in Banbury on May 11. Fined £300 and ordered to pay £100 compensation, a £30 victims’ surcharge and £150 costs.
- Bryn Barrick, 43, of no fixed address, admitted failing to answer bail at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on July 28, having been released on bail. Fined £10 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
- Lee Bromley, 38, of Thyme Close, Banbury, admitted stealing earphones, worth £4.99, from TK Maxx in Banbury on July 15. Fined £30 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £20 costs.
- Hayley Stout, 26, of Barwood Court, Rotary Way, Banbury, admitted stealing coffee worth £4.95 from Farmfoods and a pack pork chops worth £4 from Iceland in Banbury, on July 15. Also admitted committing an offence while subject to a 12-month conditional discharge given at Banbury Magistrates’ Court on January 8. Fined £80 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £20 costs.
- Raymond Clark, 53, of Medhurst Way, Littlemore, admitted using racially-aggravated abusive words or behaviour to a woman at the John Radcliffe hospital, Oxford, on May 14. Ordered to pay £250 compensation.
- Owen Froude, 23, of Tyrrells Way, Sutton Courtenay, near Abingdon, admitted assaulting a man and a woman by beating them in Sutton Courtenay on April 13. Sent to prison for eight weeks.
- Dale Hunt, 27, of no fixed address, admitted failing to answer bail at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on July 5. Fined £100 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge.
- Thomas Moffatt, 35, of Anemone Close, Oxford, admitted speeding at 60mph on a 50mph road, namely the A34 southbound at Wytham on December 6. Fined £80 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Licence endorsed with three points.
- Hayley Irimia, 39, of Longworth Close, Banbury, admitted drink-driving a Vauxhall Astra in The Fairway, Banbury, on July 13. Had 94 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £260 and told to pay a £26 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 24 months.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
9:00am Saturday 20th December 2014
LOOM bands are taking over the house of Skye Hall’s family as they prepare to spend their first Christmas without the brave youngster who died in August.
8:30am Saturday 20th December 2014
OXFORDSHIRE County Council leader Ian Hudspeth has backed councillors Rodney Rose and Kevin Bulmer who asked a voter to reveal his wages when he challenged them over a 19 per cent hike in their allowance.
5:24pm Saturday 20th December 2014
Two teenagers from Witney were arrested last night after a man suffered a broken arm.
2:23pm Saturday 20th December 2014
OXFAM has said it accepts criticism from charity regulators over an alleged “party political” tweet about a “perfect storm” of poverty.
7:10am Saturday 20th December 2014
A VIDEO portraying South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) bosses as Nazi military officials has emerged on YouTube.
6:00am Tuesday 9th December 2014
December is Advent Calendar time and we have a special new interactive graphic for you each and every day until Christmas Eve. I've chosen the best 24 pictures of 2014 and I'll be unveiling one a day - so what is behind's today's door?