A 19-YEAR-OLD man suffered a serious cut to his neck when he was attacked with a bottle in an Oxford beer garden.
The victim was hurt following an argument in the garden shared by the House Bar and The Bear pub, in Blue Boar Street, between 12.30am and 1am on Sunday.
He was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital and has since been discharged.
A 24-year-old man from Garsington was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of wounding with intent and was released on police bail until Tuesday, September 16.
Thames Valley Police yesterday appealed for anyone with information about the attack to call them. They described the attacker as white, in his mid-20s to early 30s, about 5ft 9in tall, and of broad build.
They said he was with a group of people.
Investigating officer Det Con Christopher Gulvin, from Oxford CID, said: “Many people were present at the time.
“Police are aware that two men helped the victim and provided first aid and I would like to trace these two men as they may have information which could help the investigation.
“Other people were also present within the offender’s group who haven’t yet come forward and may be able to assist.
“I have no doubt that many people witnessed this incident but as the victim was not aware immediately how serious his injury was they may have dismissed the incident as trivial.”
Call police on 101 with information.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit