An elderly couple escaped a house fire yesterday.
Firefighters were called to Farmfield Road at about 2.45pm when a passerby spotted the blaze and raised the alarm. One person was taken to the Horton Hospital.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service spokesman Paul Smith said the fire had started up in the bedroom level of the semi-detached home and crews had checked the roof for fire damage.
- Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community