AN elderly couple have escaped a house fire in Banbury.
Firefighters were called to Farmfield Road at about 2.45pm after a passer-by called 999.
One person has since been taken to the Horton Hospital with possible burn injuries.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service spokesman Paul Smith said the fire had started up in the bedroom level of the home and crews had checked the roof for fire damage.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community