A MAN has died after being involved in a collision with a lorry at junction 8A of the M40.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 2.50pm following reports that a pedestrian and a lorry had been involved in a collision between junction junction 8A at the Wheatley Services and junction 9 at Bicester.
The whole northbound carriageway was closed for several hours but all lanes have now reopened.
The bridge between Charlton-on-Otmoor and Merton has also been closed and there are reports of up to 60 minute delays on the M40.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: "We were called at 2.50pm to a road traffic collision between a pedestrian and a lorry. An ambulance and air ambulance were dispatched to but the patient was declared deceased at the scene."
Oxford Bus Company has said a number of services will be diverted getting off at Junction 6 and using the A40.
There are also delays southbound after two further collisions between junction 8A and 9.
One was at 3.50pm and involved one car. The second was at 4pm and involved a car towing a caravan.
The car crashed into the central reservation but neither of the two passengers were injured.
- Live updates on our automated traffic service
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year