YOU never know what you might find in the back garden.
Despite Bicester in Bloom not taking place this year, Les Sibley is on a quest to find the town’s “hidden gems”.
He is seeking entries for a Best Back Garden competition.
He said: “I am still going to hold the competition. People have been asking me about it.
“I have been running it since 1997 or 1998 – so that is nearly 20 years since I started it – and I do not want a gap.
“I think it is right to try and revitalise the competition but I don’t think the back gardens should be ignored.
“I just think that they are the hidden gems that nobody gets to see.
“Everyone sees the front gardens but not the back, sometimes they can be really beautiful and people come up with some really amazing things.”
For information, and to enter, contact Mr Sibley on 01869 243367 or 07796 685466.
Gardens will be judged at the owners’ convienence any time between August 1 and 31. The winner gets £25.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community