Council officers have ruled out fields near Bayswater Road, Oxford, as the source of the mysterious bad smell that wafted through Oxfordshire this week.
The spokesman said: “The odour was only very noticeable when you are immediately adjacent to the field, and not from much further away.
“Although slightly different to usual agricultural smells, it was no stronger than from usual slurry spreading which is common at this time of year.
“We are still trying to identify the source of these complaints.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech