A CARE home housing 13 people failed standards checks again after already being fined £4,000, but a Government watchdog said some improvements had been made.
Owner Dr Brian Cheung had been warned he must make improvements to Beech Court Nursing Home, in Newland Street, Eynsham, by the Care Quality Commision (CQC).
In the latest inspection carried out on May 30, the public body found people in the home were at risk because of the way it managed its medicines. It also claimed “staff did not always receive appropriate training”. But it was also noted by the watchdog that an action plan had been devised and “significant action” had been taken to address remaining issues.
In the report released this week, the CQC said: “As part of our last inspection we fined the provider [£4,000] for continued mismanagement of medicines, and issued two warning notices regarding assessing and monitoring the quality of service provision and records.
“We noted that at this inspection the provider had taken significant action.”
The CQC first raised concerns about the establishment when it failed standards checks in 2012 over its management of medicines. In June the home was fined £4,000 for failing to meet standards in a February inspection.There was no one available for comment at the care home.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street