Drivers are being warned to lock their cars and take valuables with them after a string of thefts.
Police said there were 12 car break-ins in Oxford in the second half of last month.
Cash and tools were among items taken by thieves who smashed windows and got inside unlocked vehicles between Tuesday, July 15, and Thursday in streets across the city.
The force urged drivers to check doors are locked, alarm activated and windows closed and to not leave valuable items, including vehicle documents, inside.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech