A ‘TOUR de Bicester’ will be held in the town during this year’s Bikes and Family Fun Day.
Cyclists will ride around the town collecting answers in a Tour de France-themed quiz on the final stage of the journey.
The free event has been organised by A2Dominion, the developers for NW Bicester, for the third year in a row.Bicester Millennium Cycle Club will run races for all ages.
Cycle repair experts Broken Spoke will help cyclists fix their bikes and Thames Valley Police will be on hand to offer free bike security coding. There will be other activities including puppet making and face painting, and novelty bikes will be on display.
Louise Caves, A2Dominion’s Strategic Partnership Manager for NW Bicester, said: “Each year the Bike and Family Fun Day gets bigger and better, and this year will be no exception.”
It will take place on Pingle Field, opposite Bicester Village, on Saturday, August 30 from 11am to 3pm. Those wanting to take part in the Tour de Bicester will need to arrive by 10am.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service?
Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon