TRAFFIC is starting to build throughout Oxford thanks to road works and rush-hour traffic.
Cars are queuing along Botley Road, St Giles and Weirs Lane, as well as along the A34.
Traffic approaching the Hinksey Interchange and Heyford Hill also face delays.
It is a result of the ongoing works at the Kennington and Hinksey Hill roundabouts – due to finish in November.
As part of that, a contraflow system was introduced on Monday between Heyford Hill and Hinksey Hill interchanges.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit