The Vice Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University is to step down in January.
Prof Janet Beer is to take up the role of Vice Chancellor at the University of Liverpool. She has been in post in Oxford for seven years.
Prof Beer said: “The university landscape has changed immensely over the last few years and one of the things I am most proud of is the way in which we have, at Brookes, risen to every challenge that has been thrown at us.”
The university said recruitment for a replacement would begin shortly.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community