A BID to build up to 700 homes to the east of Carterton has been called-in to a joint committee by senior planning officers.
Bloor Homes and Oxford college Christ Church are seeking outline planning permission to build on the site bordered by Carterton Road, the B447, Burford Road and Brize Norton.
It is also proposed that a community centre, primary school and employment area be included in the scheme.
But now Warwick Robinson, chairman of West Oxfordshire District Council’s lowlands area planning sub-committee, has said it is to be decided by the larger development control committee.
Mr Robinson said: “When the application first came in [in January], a lot of information was not included so we requested that the developer provide more.
“It is now my understanding that they have provided that... and that in view of the impact it could have on the whole district, the council’s interests are best served by having the application determined by the development control committee.”
That meeting is likely to happen in September, he added, to fit around councillors’ holiday schedules and to allow more information to be submitted by Bloor Homes.
No-one was available to comment at Bloor Homes last night.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year