Members of the county’s Military Wives Choir will perform in a national event commemorating 100 years since the start of the First World War this weekend.
Nine women from the choir will appear at London’s Royal Albert Hall as part of the BBC’s annual Proms.
Sunday’s event will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 and will feature in a BBC television documentary in November.
The six women from RAF Brize Norton and three from RAF Benson were selected after auditions in February. They will be part of a 100-strong choir performing songs from the War Horse musical to an audience of 6,000.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year