A 33-year-old Oxford man found dead in his father’s house had “banged his head”.
Stephen Michael Broadway was discovered in the flat lying under a sleeping bag, at about 9am on May 25.
At the opening of his inquest yesterday at Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court it was heard how his father found him in the morning cold and unresponsive and he and was declared dead by paramedic Barry Pritchard at 9.40am.
His father said he had banged his head.
A date for the full inquest was not set.
A 55-year-old man was arrested at the time on suspicion of murder but was released without charge last Thursday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon