DRIVERS should be paying attention to the roads when watching their speed limit.
They certainly don’t need distractions like these signs spotted yesterday at the junction of Whitehouse and Abingdon roads, Oxford.
It appeared one of two speed limit signs had been flipped – leading motorists confused as to whether the limit was 20mph or 30mph.
Kulwant Singh, owner of nearby newsagent The Local Top Up Store, said: “Customers have been coming into the shop to ask me what is going on. It is really very stupid. I hope the council is not responsible for this. We pay them all this money and they can’t even put signs up properly.”
City council spokeswoman Chris Lee said: “We will investigate the signage issue and rectify the matter today.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK