The Crown Prosecution Service will say on Friday whether it will prosecute Jake Blakeley again over his role in helping his brother dispose of Jayden Parkinson’s body.
Jurors were discharged last week after failing to reach a verdict for the 17-year-old after convicting Ben Blakeley of murder.
Jake Blakeley, of Venners Water, Didcot, admitted perverting the course of justice, but denied preventing a lawful burial, claiming he was lied to by his brother and did not know he was helping to bury Jayden’s body.
A hearing at Oxford Crown Court will reveal the decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street