TRAFFIC queues are building up on the A34 and southern bypass this evening.
Delays on the A34 northbound stretch down almost to Radley while southbound it's almost at the Botley Interchange.
Traffic is also building up on the southern bypass westbound from near the Cowley Road roundabout to the Hinksey Hill interchange and eastbound from Hinksey Hill to Heyford Hill.
The eastern bypass is backed up to Barns Road.
Cars are also queuing on the A4074 northbound to join the bypass at Heyford Hill.
Oxfordshire County Council has warned people to expect “severe delays” as it carries out improvement works to convert Kennington roundabout into a “hamburger” junction and other works at Hinksey Hill interchange.
- Automatic updates on our Live Traffic Service
- Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother