A SMALL blaze tackled last night by firefighters in Kennington was burning rubbish, a spokesman has confirmed.
Crews were called just before 10pm to an area next to caravan park Redbridge Hollow, in Old Abingdon Road, following reports of a fire.
A spokesman for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service said a roughly 3m x 3m area of rubbish had been found burning, but the cause was not known.
The firefighters who attended had left the scene by 10.30pm, he added.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay