Oxfordshire West Food Bank used its first community cafe event yesterday to raise money for the Liberty Baker memorial fund.
The cafe, which was held in the pavilion on the Leys, in Witney, will run on the last Monday of every month.
Founder of the foodbank Jo Cypher decided to use the first event to raise money in the memory Liberty,14, who died after being struck by a car on Curbridge Road on June 30.
The money will go towards a memorial.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay