Oxfordshire West Food Bank used its first community cafe event yesterday to raise money for the Liberty Baker memorial fund.
The cafe, which was held in the pavilion on the Leys, in Witney, will run on the last Monday of every month.
Founder of the foodbank Jo Cypher decided to use the first event to raise money in the memory Liberty,14, who died after being struck by a car on Curbridge Road on June 30.
The money will go towards a memorial.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year