Almost 160 people were caught flouting the 20mph speed limit by driving above 24mph in St Giles on Wednesday.
In an hour-and-a-half operation, 159 offences were recorded by officers, the fastest being 45mph.
In a similar operation at 8am in Botley Road, 25 speeding tickets were issued, a car without a tax disc or or MoT was seized and a driver was found putting on make-up using the rear view mirror while driving.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year