Almost 160 people were caught flouting the 20mph speed limit by driving above 24mph in St Giles on Wednesday.
In an hour-and-a-half operation, 159 offences were recorded by officers, the fastest being 45mph.
In a similar operation at 8am in Botley Road, 25 speeding tickets were issued, a car without a tax disc or or MoT was seized and a driver was found putting on make-up using the rear view mirror while driving.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community