Commuters faced delays on Thursday and yesterday after roadworks closed one lane of High Street in Oxford.
Work carried out by Thames Water outside Magdalen College caused buses to terminate early and long tailbacks in both directions. Traffic also backed up on Longwall Street.
Maria Pataridou, of Hardys Original Sweet Shop, inHigh Street, said: “It’s such a bad time to do it. It’s July and we have lots of customers coming in and it’s hard for them to cross the road.”
The work was due to finish last night.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street