Commuters faced delays on Thursday and yesterday after roadworks closed one lane of High Street in Oxford.
Work carried out by Thames Water outside Magdalen College caused buses to terminate early and long tailbacks in both directions. Traffic also backed up on Longwall Street.
Maria Pataridou, of Hardys Original Sweet Shop, inHigh Street, said: “It’s such a bad time to do it. It’s July and we have lots of customers coming in and it’s hard for them to cross the road.”
The work was due to finish last night.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5