Commuters faced delays on Thursday and yesterday after roadworks closed one lane of High Street in Oxford.
Work carried out by Thames Water outside Magdalen College caused buses to terminate early and long tailbacks in both directions. Traffic also backed up on Longwall Street.
Maria Pataridou, of Hardys Original Sweet Shop, inHigh Street, said: “It’s such a bad time to do it. It’s July and we have lots of customers coming in and it’s hard for them to cross the road.”
The work was due to finish last night.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community