THAMES Valley Police officers go out on the beat knowing every day could bring a new challenge, but some reported incidents in the last few years have been out of this world.
Officers received 48 reports of extra-terrestrial or supernatural activity relating to aliens, ghosts and witchcraft between 2010 and 2013.
A Freedom of Information request revealed officers dealt with reports of incidents including a caller who claimed her sister-in-law was performing witchcraft and voodoo on her, and another who had found an envelope with “witchcraft symbols” on it.
In October last year police made inquiries into a man who knocked an Oxfordshire woman’s window and claimed he had seen the ghost of his grandmother there. Another caller was concerned by a white Arabian horse with a plaited mane which she feared was related to witchcraft.
Police were also contacted by a Berkshire woman who called to tell them her Christmas tree was writhing and that “there was an alien climbing around in it”.
Thames Valley Police said they would attend reports if there was a concern for a person’s welfare.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year