SKIES across Wallingford played host to an amazing Red Arrows display.
While RAF Benson keep their annual Families’ Day a private event “due to security and insurance considerations”, it didn’t stop dozens of locals taking photos and videos as the famous formation flew over the base.
Other planes were also put on show, including the Spitfire, Tutor, Hercules, Hawk, Sea Fire, Chipmunk, Jet Provost and the Thales Wildcats.
Oceanographer Lyndsey Webb, of Ipsden, said: “I watched the whole Red Arrows display, but I missed the other planes, unfortunately. I saw them all flying in and doing all of their different manoeuvres. It was very impressive, they flew so close together.”
Simon Hack, 30, of Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, spotted the planes from his office in Hithercroft Road. The design engineer for TeamMate caught part of the display on camera and said: “We were stood outside our offices and they just went over.
“It was really cool, especially the coloured smoke.
“I was on holiday this time last year but apparently they do it every year. I’d never seen it before.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5