THE mother of former Chelsea youth player Jordan Tabor has paid tribute to her son who died on holiday in Turkey on Wednesday.
Mr Tabor, 23, is believed to have fallen from his hotel room a week into the stay at the Titanic Beach Lara Hotel, Antalya.
Louise Bates, from Wootton, said the messages she has received about her son show how much he was loved.
She said: “He was our life, he was our son, he was our best friend. He had a kiss and a hug for everybody he ever met. He was a wonderful son and an amazing brother."
Mr Tabor was on holiday with his girlfriend Danielle McEachran, the sister of Chelsea and England under-21s midfielder Josh, who lives in Oxford.
Mr McEachran, who was with them in Turkey, tweeted: "Rest in peace my older brother Jordan Tabor. Love you forever mate! Can’t stop thinking about you bro!"
His girlfriend, soap star Brooke Vincent, also tweeted her tributes to Mr Tabor.
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops