A YELLOW weather warning has been issued by the Met Office after showers were forecast for tonight.
The warning will be in place until 9pm and covers more southern parts of the county.
Met office spokesman Andrew Sibley said: “As the evening goes on we are less likely to get heavy showers in the area.
“There’s the possibility there will be one or two flashes of lightning but conditions are going to ease a bit as we go on to the evening.”
The warning comes as heavy showers and thunderstorms were expected to develop across South East region during the afternoon.
While some torrential downpours are possible, showers and thunderstorms are thought to stop later in the evening.
There is the possibility of some surface flooding following storms.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay